Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

I don't know if it is just my boys but, when it comes to naming animals
or stuffed bears they always choose food or very basic names.
Girls on the other hand tend to go for Disney princess names or
ones that sound like a Indian chief made them up.


Some of Daniels:
Food Names
Pork
Beans
Jelly
Peanut
Peanut butter
Kibbles
Pork chops
Basic Names
Pearl (found out gender switched to Earl)
George
Grace (bear that sings Amazing Grace)
Dog
Cat


Some of Christopher's:
Food Names
Chocolate
Cocoa
Apple
Cherry
Rhubarb
Sausage
Hot dog
Basic Names
Manny (full size action figure)
Bo Bear (A bear with a bow)
Black (a white bear)
Puppy1
Puppy2


Some of Sierra's
Movie princess
Black Beauty
Aerial
Anastasia
Bella
Anna Maire
Almost Indian
Princess twinkling star
Princess with long brown hair
Mermaid fairy princess Aleece
Girl that did not have a boyfriend (my favorite)

See where I am getting boys tell it how it is and all they
think about is FOOD. Girls only use the stuff they know
Disney princess or another movies.

The only thing that cracks me up about the naming of their toys is the
dialog that happens as a result when they all play together.

Sierra's Barbie: You go clean the Castle.
Christopher's GI Joe: You not my boss.
Sierra's Barbie Yelling: I AM PRINCESS, You do what I say!
Christopher's GI Joe: You not my boss.
Sierra's Barbie: I will handcuff you if you don't.
Daniel's GI Joe: No! We have the guns, you do it.
Sierra's Barbie: OK, I have a plan I will do it.
Christopher's GI Joe: OK
Daniel's GI Joe: Manny I have a mission for you........

I can hardly wait for them to get superman figurines.

No comments: